Main | New Player | Forum Manager (FM) Application - Forum | Sign Up | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 3123»
Forum » Server Info » Staff Positions » Forum Manager (FM) Application
Forum Manager (FM) Application
[Dev]HalcyonDate: Thursday, 23 Aug 2012, 6:31 AM | Message # 1
Post God
Group: Administrators
If you are one who simply loves to haunt the forums, and looks at ours and thinks it's a disaster, this may very well be the position for you. We need someone to clean up around here, someone who is active and dedicated to the forums, and wants to see them organized and free of inappropriate content. If there is a team of 4 or so people keeping tabs daily, it should not take more than a few minutes a day to straighten everything up, after the initial overhaul. For this position, you must have strong English writing skills, including correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling. FMs will receive monthly HDP for their services.

If this sounds like you, please apply on this thread, in the following format:

• In-game name:
  • Why you want to be a FM:

Thanks for your interest!

HauntedDate: Thursday, 23 Aug 2012, 8:12 AM | Message # 2
Killer
Group: Checked
In-game name: Huggy or Lovey
Skype username: NoTransistory
Why you want to be an FM:
I have recently resumed my college courses, and as such, may not be able to be in-game as much as I would like. I, however, almost always have the Haven homepage and forums opened. I constantly refresh and look at new posts and updates. I would love to see a more organized, active, and helpful forums for new and existing players to turn to so our wonderful in-game staff can focus on in-game issues. In terms of experience, I have not played on Haven for too long, but I am continuously learning and expanding what I know. I have been a GS on OS and two other private servers (that are unfortunately no longer up and running) and have also been a GMA on one of those private servers. I have been playing Shaiya as a whole for about four years, and not to toot my own horn, but I know my stuff. I have a very strong desire for organization and structure (just look at my Warehouse or my dorm). Everything has its place and I feel everything should be in its proper place. I have been told on numerous occasions that my spelling, grammar, etc. is impeccable and one of my most defining characteristics in my online life. It is very difficult for me not to type properly.
Now that all of my left-brained stuff is out of the way, a little bit about me. I consider myself to be a fairly fun and friendly person. I do enjoy wit, sarcasm, and irony very much, but I am able to be serious when I need to be. I enjoy helping people and giving them a push in the right direction, but I would like for people to be able to make their own decisions. I feel guides, tutorials, etc. are great sources of information and I would love to be able to contribute to and add to what is already posted. I am very open-minded and patient, but I can crack down when necessary (though hopefully I will not have to do much of that). I would absolutely love to be able to help guide players to where they can find answers to their inquiries or to provide them with answers myself. I realize that this can be accomplished without any sort of official title/rank, but it has been my experience that those in a trusted position are more sought out and desired.
I apologize for the large chunk of text, but I like to be thorough. Thank you for your consideration.

MaeveDate: Friday, 24 Aug 2012, 3:07 PM | Message # 3
EM
In-game name: Maeve
Skype username: Maeve..

Why you want to be a FM:
I'd like to become a Forum Manager because I believe I have the skill to properly help manage the forums. For some background, in school, I was enrolled in some classes that helped me to develop my skills. I had taken Speech, Written Communications, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), and even Forensics Speech where I wrote my own story and used it as my piece when I went to State. The skills I earned from these courses allowed me to have excellent grammar and writing skills.

I also check the forums daily for updates, so I figured I would apply for this position as part of my daily check.

Besides, I would simply love to be a part of the wonderful Haven Team!

Thank you for your time!

clareliciousDate: Saturday, 25 Aug 2012, 2:26 PM | Message # 4
n00b
In-game name:SmexyNublet
Skype username:Clare_Voysey
Why you want to be a FM: I want to be a FM Because I am always on the Forums. I've made alot of forums for friends and other Shaiya Private Servers. I do tend to hoard forums I Manage.. I also despise of 2 or more of the same post ( spam ) I delete them all the time and if a person puts 2 post after each other which are different I put them into the one.
Hopefully I can be your beautiful new FM <3

Smexiness is my middle name! You want it I got it ;)

Message edited by clarelicious - Saturday, 25 Aug 2012, 2:26 PM

Hazard117Date: Saturday, 25 Aug 2012, 5:08 PM | Message # 5
UM
In-game name: DurrHurrDurr
Skype username:hazard101011
Why you want to be a FM:You need a forum troll. Or at least someone that gets a good laugh at people bickering and screaming at one another then someone ( Such as myself, To point out their wrongs and how wrong they are) and mediate the post accordingly and the good ol Hazing along with a Frog Siren then if its too much then i get out the good ol Bat Phone to the GM's. Worked before. AmIRight.

InBeforeDeletionOrOtherThings.

The Grand Durrquisitor

Message edited by Hazard117 - Saturday, 25 Aug 2012, 5:09 PM

(GMA)addictDate: Sunday, 26 Aug 2012, 11:22 AM | Message # 6
Killer
Group: Moderators
Far be it from me to suggest or advise but I think squishy and cero already do an acceptable job moderating the forums and I believe that this job should be in the GS's repertoire and not a seperate entity. Just my my tuppence worth smile

ASKDate: Monday, 03 Sep 2012, 1:27 AM | Message # 7
n00b
In-game name: Young.Gotti
Skype username: vasilisask40
Why you want to be a FM: i think i m enough good using the forums i always check them and i like spending time here.. anyway i like to keep the forums clean from spammers and innapropriate language.. and ofc helping ppls with anything they need

Message edited by ASK - Monday, 03 Sep 2012, 1:29 AM

AruiaDate: Monday, 03 Sep 2012, 12:01 PM | Message # 8
HM
In-game name: -Annalie- (Main), Aruiia, Aruia
Skype username: aruiia
Why you want to be a FM:
I moderated forums on another pserver for some time (I forget the exact time but a few months), so i know what's required and have a general view on how forums are moderated. I also found modding to be one of the most enjoyable ways to get to know the community out of the game when i wasn't able to log into Shaiya.

I've only been here for a week, although i am a returning player (I played here a while back for about a month) but found that the community here is amazing and would love to do something for this server, even having not been here for long.

I loved moderating forums for the short time that i was doing it and would love to do it again, especially in a team. I love having some responsibility and the opportunity to do something good. I'm also good at finding old posts wink

As to personal - I love reading forums, seeing peoples personal opinions and writing my own, having creative debates about something we love and again, it's a great way to get involved with the server. I always seem to have the forums up and tend to refresh the page every 5 - 20 minutes, depending on how busy i am.

As to my english capabilities, if this essay isn't enough, i wrote about 20 pages of a guide for another server that i was on for just over a year - if any of the staff want to check that, I'll PM them the link o: (I don't want to give other server links out on forums)

As to if anyone wants to know anything personal read this post ^.^ : http://www.shaiyahaven.com/forum/15-1578-1

Aruia/ Annalie's My Name, And Healings My Game ;) <3

Message edited by Aruia - Monday, 03 Sep 2012, 12:06 PM

jonnyluggDate: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2012, 6:23 AM | Message # 9
n00b
In game name Defendo/Memnoch
age 27
why i wanna do this just wanna help out im always online may aswell help u out.

sanity is for the weak

ArchCarnivalDate: Saturday, 01 Dec 2012, 6:26 PM | Message # 10
n00b
Name ingame - ArchCarnival
time zone- -4
Language - English, fluent in tagalog and german and spanish
faction - UoF
Age - 19, 20 on june 14th
Expierence - I played OS for about 3 years, and went over to wicked shaiya was a GS there for around 2 years for both factions due to lack of staff so very much expierence.

- As i said i was a GS on wicked for about 2 years for both factions due to lack of staff, i know what it takes to be a GS, i have the tolerance and ingame knowledge too help any and all, Wouldn't take any training what so ever, ive played on this server for about a year now,. If given the privilledge to demonstrat my knowledge and given the chance, Im positive i could show what a great choice the admin/gm's made. I would run weekly events to help players out even if i give alittle from my warhouse thats fine with me . If a gm or admin would like to chat with me you can add me on skype i check it dailey, my user name is ArchCarnival, with my experence of being a GS i have the contacts to talk to players, GMs, GS's and admin from wicked too tell how helpfull i was. Id love to hear back from you guys and let me know what you think, you can also reach me on my email - Codey55555@Live.com get back to me and thanx for reading. Due to my years of playing shaiya i know what is allowed and what isent allowed in forums, i check forums dailey and would love to help clean up a bit and keep things smootly to find for all players + post topics on how to do things and helpfull tips for new players.

Forum » Server Info » Staff Positions » Forum Manager (FM) Application
Page 1 of 3123»
Search:

Copyright ShaiyaHaven Dev Group © 2014 Create a website for free